Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Introduction

(Sampson Forest & Memorial Park, Kingston, MA)


I like to take walks. No, seriously, I know that's a really profound statement, but keep your hat on.

I realized recently that my other blog, It (is)(will be) Written, wasn't really meeting my needs as far as what I wanted to write about. As a result of that, it started to flag - my posting schedule went all to hell, and I've barely looked at it in a week. "Thoughts from Walks" is inspired in part by the Vlogbrothers' "Thoughts from Places", the awesome videos John and Hank post when they travel. They're full of philosophy and insight and humor and all kinds of good things, all of it augmented by the fact that, well, they're traveling. I don't travel much right now, and I very recently got a replacement car, so I'm technically not obligated to walk much. But spring is on its way, and frankly, I need to get out more. When my transportation options were more limited, I used to do a lot of walking - to friend's houses, to school, to the store, to the woods, to anywhere I wanted to be. And it gave me a lot of time for introspection, general musing, and for appreciating the world I live in.

I want to recapture some of that. This is going to be my personal blog, the place I go when I want to postulate, philosophize, ramble, rant, exclaim, complain, or whatever else it is I do. I'm not going to constrain myself to only one theme, the way my writing blog is laid out - I'll probably cover some religion and politics here, so if you don't like it, well, no one's making you stay.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you're blogging again (even though I still HATE that word. It sounds so stupid. But not as stupid as "jeggings." The stupidness of "jeggings" makes "blog" seem almost Ivy League in comparison) Now I have thingers to read. I'd like to get back into it, but right now it would probably be 100% about baby things and most people get kind of bored reading about that after a while. He is a pretty darn cool baby, though. I bet if he could write his blog would be super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! You found me! I haven't really been advertising my blogs (yech, I hate that word, too), so I wasn't sure who would actually be seeing them. I think you should totally write about baby things, though, because seriously, I would love to read about what it's like for you guys. It would NOT be boring, seriously.

    ReplyDelete